Friday, May 15, 2015

Pastries with Parents

Thursday morning all the second graders at Kayla's school hosted "Pastries with Parents"  They had coffee and donuts for us and then each kid interviewed their parents asking us a bunch of questions about our childhood. 



Then after we were all done enjoying our treats and Kayla finished her interview all the second graders gathered on stage to sing this song.


Yes, I cried and I'm crying again listening to it now.  How could I not hearing their sweet little voices and Kayla just waiting for me to.  She told me before that I would probably cry so she made sure to watch the entire time.  They made sure to sing the part of the song that says "let us go" a little bit louder and that's where I couldn't hold back the tears!  After she was done she came to say bye and gave us extra hugs and kisses.



When she got home from school she brought us a card she had made at school thanking us for coming.  It was so nice spending some extra time with her at school and hearing that special song.



1 comment:

Kelli said...

Sounds like a fun morning. And that song ....I cried while it played.