Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's day was a whole weekend event for us.  Saturday morning we were supposed to have Brooklyn's last softball game but unfortunately due to the rain the game got pushed back til later in the day and we already had plans so she missed her last game.  Luckily our plans included something exciting for the girls so nobody was upset about missed games.


For Christmas Santa brought us four tickets to see 'Fancy Nancy, the Musical'.  Since it was my weekend I made sure to get a few family pictures before we headed in.






The play was really cute and although Kayla tried to say it was more for Brooklyn's age she totally loved it too!  She was laughing and smiling the entire time.  At the end of the play they asked all the kids to stand up and strike a fancy pose and Brooklyn just about leaped out of her seat to strike a pose, it was adorable.  We made sure to wait to meet the actors after the show and the girls got their autographs and got to take a picture with the 'Fancy Nancy'!



Afterwards we headed over to my parents to celebrate Mother's day with my aunt, mom and grandmother.




Brooklyn took some time to serenade us with some songs.



and then things got a little crazy as they usually do with these four kids!


Sunday morning was breakfast in bed for me and presents.  The best way to start of a morning if you ask me!


When I decided to finally climb out of bed I decided to finish reading my book that I have had forever!!  Trying to find time to slow down and read has seemed impossible the last few weeks but I loved that I got the time to read and the house was quiet!  The girls made their way in to join me and I thought they looked so cute propped up with their books near me.


Eventually we had to get dressed for the day to go to my sister in laws for Mother's day.  The girls were still tired from Saturday and passed out on the way there.  It was a much needed nap for them.


They spent most of the day playing with their aunt and uncles kitties and even got a few scratches from them which they quickly learned is how kittens play.


The boys made the moms 7 homemade pizzas, all different flavors and all delicious!!




We ended with presents and dessert which was a pizza cookie of course.  Mother's day weekend is always one of my favorite times of the year.  It's always nice to feel appreciated for everything we do. 




1 comment:

Jill said...

Looks like a wonderful Mother's Day! I bet the Fancy Nancy play was a lot of fun, my daughter would have liked that as well. Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,
Jill