Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pumpkin~Ricotta Stuffed Shells


My family loves these stuffed shells and so do I.
They are easy to make and can even be made ahead of time and refrigerated before baked.  I also cook more than 24 shells because I always have mixture left over, this way I can stuff the extra shells and freeze them for another time.



Pumpkin~Ricotta Stuffed Shells
24 jumbo past shells
22 oz. ricotta cheese
1 (15oz.)can pumpkin puree
2 1/2 oz. pecorino romano, grated
1 egg white
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 TBSP. finely chopped fresh sage
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 (26 oz.) jar store bought tomato sauce

1.  Cook pasta shells according to package, drain.
2.  While pasta is cooking stir together ricotta, pumpkin, 3/4 pecorino Romano, and remaining ingredients except tomato sauce.
3.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spread sauce in bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.  Fill each psta shell with pumpkin~ricotta mixture and arrange in pan.  Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes.  Remove foil, sprinkle shells with remaining pecorino Romano and bake for 15 minutes more.  

Enjoy!



Linking Up Here:
Savvy Southern Style


1 comment:

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Yum these sound so good.I don't think my entire family would think so but I am going to make these for myself.I am loving everything Pumpkin this time of year! I hated it when I was younger. Lol