Sunday, September 28, 2014

Weekend Recap


I think I've had sunflowers on our kitchen table for the past two months straight!  I can't help but buy them everytime I stop at the grocery store.  For only $3.99 they are worth having all the time!


Before the weekend actually began we went to Kayla's school to watch her receive her student of the month award.


Can you spot the happiest kid in the picture below?  Yup that would be Kayla!


She was pretty excited about her award and we are pretty proud of her.  Later that night we went out to dinner at Olive Garden where the girls thought it was the best place ever.  I don't know what the big deal is, we eat true delicious Italian food all the time but for some reason it was perfect to them.  After dinner it was movie night back at home with popcorn and m&ms.


Saturday morning when the girls woke up they found all the Halloween movies and books set out for them.  Brooklyn had been asking atleast every other day when they would be put out and I figured Saturday would be perfect because it was cold, cloudy and we were going to be home all day!


They had already watched two of the movies by the time we woke up, hubby and I got to sleep in until 8!!!



Breakfast was some left over apple bars I had made on Thursday.  Here is the recipe if you want to give them a try, they are very good!


A little later on in the morning Kayla and I took a trip to Trader Joes to pick up a few things.  Then it was back home to hang out for the rest of the day.
The girls read, played games, rode bikes and watched more Halloween movies.








For dinner I made Cheeseburger Soup and afterwards it was bathtime for the littles


Once they were tucked away in bed hubby and I grabbed some drinks and hung out on the back patio.  It was cold enough for a sweater and we loved every second of the chill in the air! 
Saturday was a great day.


Sunday morning the girls and I made soyrizo burriotos.  Kayla wanted to crack open the eggs and Brooklyn helped me scramble them before pouring them in with the soyrizo.



I really didn't think Brooklyn was going to eat it but she said she would try it.  Much to our surprise she loved it and ate an entire burrito!  I told her she would make papa proud, here's her thumbs up for soyrizo burritos. 


of course Kayla and the rest of us loved 'em as well.



After clean sheets on all the beds and tidying up we headed out to a friends 4th birthday party.  Look at how adorable the set up was,


and the cake was just too cute!



The girls had so much fun playing with all of the other kids and were nice and tired by the time we got home.  
I love when we wrap up the weekend knowing it could not have been any more perfect!

4 comments:

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Everything looks great ! Love the Happy Sunflowers and the Cake is darling! Girls are as adorable as ever.~Blessings

Kelli said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend with a lot of yummy food!!
That soup looks good...I may have to give it a try. My kids have decided that they no longer like soup. :( I hope they change their minds before winter arrives!

Becca said...

How fun! Tell Kayla that Aunt Becca, Uncle Jared, and Jonas are proud of her!!

Anonymous said...

1) looks like Aunt Becca has her influence on the girls (and i say that endearingly) - SOYRIZO!!! nom

2) I'm going to have to try that cheeseburger soup. Nothing like cozy soup now that the season is upon us. :)

3) Way to go, Kayla! Love that lil bookworm. :)