Thursday, July 10, 2014

Ten on Ten

ten on ten button

I'm pretty sad it's already the tenth of July but we are having a great Summer.  The weekends are jam packed with things to do and then we get week days to relax and do whatever we want so it's been the perfect balance for the girls and I.  Today started very early for me, I had to wake up early to check out the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale,  early access for card holders started this morning and I woke up a little after 5:30 to make sure I got myself a Blardigan (no it's not a real word, but it should be!)
Blardigan ~ Blanket/Cardigan
If you have never felt the softness of this brand you are missing out especially if you are like me and must always have a cozy sweater or blanket wrapped around you.  I'm pretty sure I'll be wearing it every SINGLE day.  Anyway I've wanted one for way too long but was not gonna pay full price and luckily for me they are on sale for almost half off so run, don't walk and get one!!!  Okay so anyway after scrolling through the sale goods I went back to lay in bed for a bit.  I eventually got up to the girls fighting and crying, not a great way to start the day but they were up til almost 10 last night cuz Wynona Judd was playing a free concert in our local park and mommy was not about to miss it!!  It was amazing too by the way.  
Anywho I had to get the girls out of the house in hopes they would be a little less grumpy, it worked for the most part. 
  So here's our day in pictures,

 8am
After getting the girls their breakfast I finally got to sit down and enjoy a quiet drink myself.

 9am
Headed outside to water all the flowers and dead head some of them, they even looked pretty piled up in the trash.

 10am
all ready to head out and get some things done for the day

11am
all done with our first stop at Marshall's

12pm
We had to make a stop at Chickfila for lunch, I really love that place.

1pm
I'm a sucker for pretty packaging, hoping it tastes as good as it looks in the bottle!

 2pm
some lounging going on over here, they are obsessed with watching Full House, The Garfield Show and Scooby Doo lately

3pm
love using postcards/cards for art, picked up this bird print at Trader Joes today for 99cents


4pm
Picked out 2 journals at Marshall's for the girls, they were both so excited.  Who knew something so simple would be so exciting.  Kayla is saving hers for school and Brooklyn got to decorating the inside of hers right away.  Here she drew our family, daddy and I are on the top and then Kayla and her on the bottom.  Just too cute!


5pm
Daddy's home, a candle's lit and we're having left overs for dinner.  
Time to call it a day!

3 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Shannon!
If you were here, I'd hug you!
Thank you for the link...
I love it! And that store...
Would you believe I've never shopped there?!?!
Oh...and the rest of your day looks perfect.
I'll fly out and meet you for Chickfila anytime. : )

Rebekah said...

Such a fun set your girls are adorable - I confess that I am a little sad it is already July too though how is the summer going so fast?? Thank you for joining in today it such a gift to search for beauty in the ordinary together!!

Kelli said...

Oh I too am a sucker for a good bottle. How was the wine?
Ok I was just at trader jokes and I did not see that card there! I may need to stalk them for the next week. I love their cards and have a few of them around the house as well.
Have a nice weekend!!