Monday, December 16, 2013

A First Recital




For weeks Brooklyn has been practicing for her first recital.  She would be doing a ballet dance to 'Toyland' and would be dressing up as a princess for the show.  Kayla was even joining in on some of the practicing when she was home.  




Brooklyn often rewarded herself with some hot chocolate after her practicing


Yesterday all of her practice paid off!
She was super excited and could not wait to go to her recital.  I on the other hand was so nervous for her, hoping everything would run smoothly.  I was worried she would get scared and maybe not remember her dance and just stand there(which is pretty much what most of the little kids her age did in their dances).  Of course her dance would be one of the last 5 of the show so we had to sit there waiting which seemed like forever and then finally when she came up it was over so quickly.   But come to find out I had absolutely nothing to worry about because she remembered her entire dance and did it with a smile the entire time!  We were all so proud of her and pretty impressed with how good she did.




I could not wait to hug this little girl after the show but the moment she saw me waiting for her at the end of the stage she lost it and began crying.
She just kept saying I'm hungry and tired.  I'm pretty sure the entire thing was just a little overwhelming for our tiny dancer but once she got outside and saw her sister and daddy waiting for her with flowers and a handmade card she was much better.  After a quick change we headed to Red Robin for some dinner and a chocolate malt to celebrate our little ballerina.



5 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Shannon...
She is a beautiful ballerina...

I love the pic of your two girls practicing together. : )

And hot cocoa and cookies?

We'll be right over!

kristine said...

precious!!! does she do ballet year-round? she made a most excellent princess. :)

Colleen said...

yay! so exciting. she looks gorgeous!

Kelli said...

She looks so cute Shannon. I could not get either of my girls to do ballet. :(

Becca said...

Awwwwe...makes me miss ballet! I want to come to the next one!!